STEAM

Discuss other games with other officers of the fleet.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: STEAM

Post by Costello »

Alexraptor wrote:How are STEAM a monopoly?
There are other digital services such as GameFly, Origin, Uplay, etc.
I distinctly remember buying Fallout New Vegas for a friend and having to use their software to play it. That's a monopoly tactic.
Vevo do shit me but Steam deliver great deals on games that i wouldn't normally buy. Not to mention all the indie games. Endless Space is a game that i cant play too often because i'd be on it for hours and hours.
Personally, I'll buy something irrespective of discount or deals. If I want it. I'll get it. If price stops me, I didn't want it enough. Such as the Legacy Pack for STO. That would be nice to have, but the egregious markup is hilarious. Half of the ships I'll never use.
EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

Post by EVOXSNES »

Artful wrote:
Alexraptor wrote:How are STEAM a monopoly?
There are other digital services such as GameFly, Origin, Uplay, etc.
I distinctly remember buying Fallout New Vegas for a friend and having to use their software to play it. That's a monopoly tactic.
Vevo do shit me but Steam deliver great deals on games that i wouldn't normally buy. Not to mention all the indie games. Endless Space is a game that i cant play too often because i'd be on it for hours and hours.
Personally, I'll buy something irrespective of discount or deals. If I want it. I'll get it. If price stops me, I didn't want it enough. Such as the Legacy Pack for STO. That would be nice to have, but the egregious markup is hilarious. Half of the ships I'll never use.

The Legacy pack with its legacy price, A legacy ripoff. They'd be better off adding more value to the pack. Can't see many buying it for what you get.

Im sure i'll eat those words. :roll:
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

I'll probably get the Warbird retrofit. I'll need to see the specs first though. The Galaxy anyone?