Dungeon Defenders

Discuss other games with other officers of the fleet.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Hoss
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
STO Handle: Golemex

Dungeon Defenders

Post by Hoss »

So I've played this game since it was free on Xbox live months ago, and when I was playing it was quite addictive. A 3rd person action RPG that is basically a tower defense game, protecting one or multiple crystals while using your own skills, weapon, or defenses you have put up. A four player game, it holds four classes. Set in a fantasy realm, the classes are a knight, Mage, archer, and wizard. Each kill gives us a set amount of mana for the round, which gives you the ability to use your unlocked abilities along with setting up defenses and helpful traps, such as a proxy mine, healing spell, or towers that shoot, maybe even a spiked wall.

This game is available on steam and on Xbox 360 live play. I do love this game to a point, I lost incredible interest playing with random people all the time. It's unfortuneate that I had to quit because I was tired of people cheating. By cheating I mean modding. As far as I know both versions are flooded with modded weapons, which basically make your character invincible and do massive one shot damage. This was one of the reasons I quit playing, and the other major reason was that I didn't notice it until someone actually did it to me, but I thought I had better weapons equips then what I had on, and I don't know where they went. I ended up having a pet (a robot that followed me around and meeee attacked), was following a player next to me instead of me. He did something to be able to steal my equipment, and although he gave it back, I was very hesitant to play this game again.

It really was an awesome game, and I believe steam had dungeon defenders two out now, but for the most part I do still play this game as a single player, for fear of losing my equipment to some random player who I just wanted to play with. So I do recommend trying it out as long as you know someone with the game. I would love to play the game online with someone and level up a character with them, on Xbox version I mean, I don't have a computer right now. So if by chance you are looking to pick up one of those cutesy games, I recommend this one as long as you know who your playing with. If your still interested bu don't have a group yet, I suggest getting dungeon defenders 2
Kaito
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
STO Handle: Kaito Kun@spydron

Re: Dungeon Defenders

Post by Kaito »

This?

it looks cool
Respectfully,

Rear Admiral Kaito
Federation Council
Security Chief

Hoss
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
STO Handle: Golemex

Post by Hoss »

That would be it
Warfire
Senior Captain
Senior Captain
STO Handle: @LordWarfire

Post by Warfire »

I've played the first one - I couldn't get into it but I can see why it's popular. The matches lasted a little too long for my taste but they were fun.

Tower defence is a good way to describe it, but your right down in the action. Perhaps it's the "console" handling but I couldn't keep track of all parts of the base at once, I like a good minimap :)
The Pirate of AE
Retired Officer
Retired Officer

Post by The Pirate of AE »

I have this on PC, it great to play with friends