Update + Upcoming web site / forum template color change

Announcements from the Federation Command leadership to the community.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council, Office of Propaganda

What color should we go with

Stick with red
21%
Go back to blue
79%
Another color (reply which)
No votes

Total votes: 14

Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Update + Upcoming web site / forum template color change

Post by Picard »

Greetings FC officers, honored guests, ghosts of the past.

I wish first and foremost to apologize to all officers, former and current for my lack of activity. I realize that the council was left on it's own not to sure what direction to take or what to do with the fleet. I have been incredibly busy and this will continue to be for about another month then I will be able to fully come back which will be for the first time in about 9 months.

I expected activity to reach new lows and so it did. I was not worried because I have seen activity reach such levels in UFP and FC before. But we always managed to overcome our difficulties. Although this was the first time I was powerless, not having the time to do anything about it.

I have been agreeably surprised recently when I saw (whenever I could have a look at the forums) that activity was slowly but surely picking up. There seems to be an irreducible core of officers who just love to hang around no matter what. Your efforts deserve to be acknowledged and will be rewarded.

I still have plans for FC which I humbly believe will greatly help this community and might even make it achieve new heights. I do intend during the upcoming summer to re-orientate FC towards a wider audience and somehow leave the limiting confines of the dead clanning world. While preserving most of our structure and chain of command, I want this to become a hub for the Star Trek fan, whether it be of movies/series or games and this is where massive changes to the site will come into place. We just have to offer something fun and useful to the wider Star Trek community and our ranks will fill up once more. While of course redoubling out efforts in STO which might release a new race soon.

I will not go into details but I would like to ask you all which color to you believe FC should adopt when I begin the site/forums overhaul. Would you like to stick with the current ''red'' color or change it back to FC's original (and UFP) ''blue'' color.

I look forward to hearing your input on all that was said above.

Thank you,
Thank you,
Carbonizer
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Update + Upcoming web site / forum template color change

Post by Carbonizer »

I honestly believe the red is fine but for a rebuild, we should somehow incorporate a brighter colour.

Blue has seemed to have been our "lucky" colour.
Twisted
Senior Captain
Senior Captain
STO Handle: Twist@tripz12

Post by Twisted »

I perfer blue, not to dark not to light but perfect.
Signed,
Snr Captain Twisted

Academy Dean
Kaito
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
STO Handle: Kaito Kun@spydron

Post by Kaito »

I like the site as it is. I also could see it using the ST colors dark red, science blue, soft gold and white or gunmetal grey.
Respectfully,

Rear Admiral Kaito
Federation Council
Security Chief

Kelbie
Senior Captain
Senior Captain
STO Handle: @Charlie25

Post by Kelbie »

I think blue would be a nice chance.
Warfire
Senior Captain
Senior Captain
STO Handle: @LordWarfire

Post by Warfire »

I wasn't here for the blue days, but blue feels more ST than red, for some reason.
Hartley
Captain
Captain
STO Handle: Kell Perim@M.Hartley

Post by Hartley »

I honestly like the site and template colour as it is now, but change is always welcome, and blue has always served us well in the past.
Kind regards,

Hartley
Taylynn
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
STO Handle: sto

Post by Taylynn »

I personally like the way the colours are right now. The old UFP blue was ok but it needed to be alittle more darker. However, I would go with the majority on this one. Picard, if there is a time we can chat this weekend it would be great.
Bailo
Commodore
Commodore
STO Handle: @Bailo

Post by Bailo »

Well said! I certainly look forward to any and all enhancements of the future! Hopefully i too will soon be able to return to activity. As for the colour scheme...for me it has to be the old fashioned blue. However, should the majority vote for red, i agree it should be slightly brighter.
"I have a sheep doing roofing over at my house, come and drop in. We'll put on Zeppelin and eat cheddar cheese" - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Carbonizer
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Carbonizer »

As it stands, the gold and red was a breath of fresh air but as a long standing tradition. I find the blue definately feels more 'Trek' than anything else.

Not to mention, any and all material dating back to [UFP] is essentially the work of current/former [FC] and [UFP] members so any issues along those lines wouldn't be an issue if we were to return to the blue style.