2 year anniversary - a challenging journey

Announcements from the Federation Command leadership to the community.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council, Office of Propaganda

Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

2 year anniversary - a challenging journey

Post by Picard »

Greetings friends,

Today marks our second year anniversary since the re-launch of Federation Command. Two years have already passed since Fleet Admiral Jesse officially announced a new beginning for this community highlighting our founding principles.
Jesse wrote: Working together in FC means putting aside differences and helping each other reach a common goal. It means using a gentle hand to get things done, not a mighty push. It means patience, respect, tolerance, forgiveness. We must strive to become better people, always.
Let us remember on this day why we choose to make a stand, why we choose to defend these values against the mighty UFP who had lost its way. This fleet just like it's ancestor was underestimated by many and given a few months to live. What truly made us succeed in the end is not the presence of veterans among our ranks but our purpose, our values. Our cause was just and our goals honorable. We have chosen respect over conflict, loyalty over personal gain we have built a place where anyone can feel at home.

The choices we have made have cost us dearly, the organization we knew as UFP still casts a large shadow in this fleet even after all this time. We lost friends and years of hard work but gained a stability that had never been seen in UFP before. We are now a community of friends sharing a common purpose and all pushing in the same direction.

We can find comfort in knowing that FC has existed since 2002 and that in our long history we have always found ways to re-invent ourselves. The community has changed and evolved and always present us with new challenges. We have yet to evolve with it, to change the vocation of this fleet. While remembering our past we must accept the reality of our age. We, as star trek fans, and gaming enthusiasts (former and current) have the opportunity to shape this organization into a testament to our glorious past while opening it to a wider audience. Our understanding of this reality is the key to our future.

Like for any old thing this process for us will take some time. But it shall begin with giving the fleet a new modern look. This look will be implemented by the end of the summer. In the meantime I encourage you to reflect on what, as veterans and star trek fans, you expect and would like from FC, what would you like to see it becoming? Where does your interest lie and how can we enhance the experience?

To think that we are well into our 10th year of existence fills me with pride. Over all that time, even if many of you have not been with us since the very beginning, we have become all of us more than a community of friends. I dare say we have become like a family. True, it is only an online clan. But this fact dosen't make the following any less true: we have over all these years shared common interests, dreams, ambitions, fears, sometimes things we would often not even tell our real family. We have, willingly, spent countless hours over years of our lives dedicating ourselves to building something not for our own interest but for those of our comrades, current and future.

My friends it has been a great journey. We shall, I'm certain of it, continue to endure and better ourselves as we re-invent this fleet so that we can continue to build towards a better future.

Congratulations on two great years since the re-launch, on over 10 years of existence since the original FC and on continuing to defy all odds.
Thank you,
Twisted
Senior Captain
Senior Captain
STO Handle: Twist@tripz12

Re: 2 year anniversary - a challenging journey

Post by Twisted »

Here Here
Signed,
Snr Captain Twisted

Academy Dean
Warfire
Senior Captain
Senior Captain
STO Handle: @LordWarfire

Post by Warfire »

Hear, hear - an excellent post Picard.

We sail in interesting and changing times with new films and new games quite different to those that came before. We must strive to keep our identity as the world around us shifts, games become increasingly 'freemium', films become increasingly 'hip', and a new series that we would recognise as Star Trek is further away than ever.

Our common goals and friendship will keep us together if we focus on what matters - community. I have never spent as much time on a forum as I do here - the people keep me coming back. I look forward to seeing how we expand and meeting all the new people that come to call Federation Command home.
Bailo
Commodore
Commodore
STO Handle: @Bailo

Post by Bailo »

That was a particularly amazing announcement right there! Well written! I certainly don't plan on going anywhere!
"I have a sheep doing roofing over at my house, come and drop in. We'll put on Zeppelin and eat cheddar cheese" - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Exeter
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Exeter »

I will drink to that!
// signed //
Admiral Exeter

Taylynn
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
STO Handle: sto

Post by Taylynn »

Here Here and Bravo Zulu to EVERYONE. I am with Exeter, I will drink to that as well.
Kaito
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
STO Handle: Kaito Kun@spydron

Post by Kaito »

For the Shire!
Respectfully,

Rear Admiral Kaito
Federation Council
Security Chief

DaDigi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by DaDigi »

I've had the honor of serving many of these past 10 years with FC, in one form or another. Thanks to Picard, Jesse, TParis, Alexraptor, DarkSean, and everyone else who has stuck around since the good ol' days!

To another 10+ years!
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

Onwards and upwards.
Alexraptor
Admiral
Admiral
STO Handle: @Alexraptor