Think tank- kobyashi Maru

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Hoss
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
STO Handle: Golemex

Think tank- kobyashi Maru

Post by Hoss »

Making you stretch your brains and pull your hair out from Cadet to Fleet Admiral.... This is: The Think Tank!!!

We will see if that sticks :)
It's not all about seriousness and regulations like... Well every other forum section except this one, we are all here because we LOVE Star Trek, and we want to have fun with it. Now I was going to pick the brains and personal message people to see what they think about certain things but then I decided lets just do a full blown group discussion and watch the wacky answers come in!!!

This topic is: Kobyashi Maru

Your put in charge of your ship as you head out to rescue the stranded crew of the kobyashi Maru. 3 Klingon battle cruisers show up and are battle ready, what do you do Captain?

P.S. You can't use the same answer as someone else (that includes Kirk)
Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Think tank- kobyashi Maru

Post by Picard »

I give the signal to my romulan friends to uncloack. I was prepared, I'm Picard.
Thank you,
Carbonizer
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Carbonizer »

Depending on the vessel and assuming it would be a ship I would command, a Galaxy Class (Venture refit), so I would have maximum defence capabilities while having an offence to boot.

I would load as many torpedo's onto the life boats as possible, emitting a false signal of life signs. I would give them all covering fire if they start shooting at them. Once they are close enough, I would detonate them.

If that didn't work, I would convince the crew of the Kobayashi Maru to evacuate their vessel and I would tow it close to them and have the warp core detonate. If any of their crew were captured before hand, then I would be doing them a favour.

More than likely the Klingons would have fallen for the first tactic, been somewhat damaged by the second tactic but their second and third vessels are somewhat able to return fire.

Having lost alot/all of my Torpedo's and a second vessel, I would have come under heavy fire so at this point, it would mean that their fire would drain my cores stability and eventually it would detonate. Finally;

'Lets take as many of those Klingon bastards as we can! Get as close as possible, lets ram this thing down their god damn throats!'

Bang.
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

I'll order my crew to use the photonic emitters equipped on my starship to create holographic projections of Starfleet reinforcements. Gripped by terror, the Klingons leave knowing there is no glory to be found on this day.
Exeter
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Exeter »

Tell the Maru to prepare to die then get the hell out of dodge. My ship is too busy to waste time.

Then figure out a way to warp back in and ambush the Klingons from behind.

I love a good ambush.
// signed //
Admiral Exeter

Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

I would downshot a torpedo into which we throw hoop pants, squirting flowers and fluffy wigs.
EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

Post by EVOXSNES »

Shroombuck wrote:I would downshot a torpedo into which we throw hoop pants, squirting flowers and fluffy wigs.
...And i'll be dancing to the Macarena in the background.
Jesse
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Jesse »

Do you mean the original Kobayashi Maru test question from The Wrath of Khan? If so, here's the scenario:
In Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, the simulation takes place on a replica of a starship bridge, with the test-taker as captain and other Starfleet members, officers or other cadets, in other key positions. In the scenario of the 2280s, the cadet receives a distress signal stating that the Kobayashi Maru has struck a gravitic mine in the Klingon Neutral Zone and is rapidly losing power, hull integrity and life support. There are no other vessels nearby. The cadet is faced with a decision:

Attempt to rescue the Kobayashi Maru '​s crew and passengers, which involves violating the Neutral Zone and potentially provoking the Klingons into hostile action or an all-out war; or
Abandon the Kobayashi Maru, potentially preventing war but leaving the crew and passengers to die.
If the cadet chooses to save the Kobayashi Maru the scenario progresses quickly. The bridge officers notify the cadet that they are in violation of the treaty. As the starship enters the Neutral Zone, the communications officer loses contact with the crippled vessel. Klingon starships then appear on an intercept course. Attempts to contact them are met with radio silence; indeed, their only response is to open fire with devastating results. The objective of the test is not for the cadet to outfight the opponent but rather to test the cadet's reaction to a no-win situation.