Star Trek Series. Teaser.

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

Star Trek Series. Teaser.

Post by EVOXSNES »

Executive Producers, Brian Fuller (writer for DS9 & VOY) as well as Alex Kurtman ( writer for the modern Trek movies). I can afford some hype :)

The series will air it's first episode over the air with each episode after that tucked away behind CBS All Access - and if that sounds like a user pays streaming service, available only in the US, it is. Canada seems to be excluded as well :/

I'm interested in watching this but CBS aren't going to make that easy.
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Star Trek Series. Teaser.

Post by Costello »

It's all about the cast. When I see who is on the roster, I'll know whether it will be a disaster or not.
Kaito
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
STO Handle: Kaito Kun@spydron

Post by Kaito »

Looks based on the movies. Hey, stick to the formula and it will work. The actors new or not just need to be of a certain caliber I feel.
Respectfully,

Rear Admiral Kaito
Federation Council
Security Chief

Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Picard »

''New Villains?'' Wtf is this, a marvel series?

I have to admit I am very pessimistic about this.

The thing is that in the last 20 years, TV shows as a whole got, much, much better. To be a success, the new series would need to be even more script and story oriented than TNG was. But my feeling is that it's going to go the new movies route which is more about punchlines and computer effects than actual dialogue and substance in all aspects of production. What I want is some sort of Battlestar Galactica, that's why I really wished they would hire Ronald D. Moore (who worked on TNG, DS9 and Voyager). He's the one who created the new Battlestar Galactica and in my opinion the only one who could make a Star Trek reboot any decent. I just feel that it's going to lack depth if they base it on JJ's style of Star Trek. Anyway... step 1. stop the camera from moving, give a good line to the captain and don't have every millimeter of the bridge glare in the shot.

But meh... Star Trek in the era of selfies. Just let it die in peace without forced sodomy.

On a brighter note, good to see you guys!? What has everyone been up to?

EDIT: http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment ... ?a=viewall

Just found out that Nicolas Meyer is on board and that the timeline might be right after The undiscovered country or before TNG. So that's something extremely positive. To quote him: ''I don't understand a Star Trek where Spock beat the shit out of people''. Also found out that they are not going to use JJ's timeline so I went from pessimist to optimist.
Thank you,