*poke*

A place for visitors to drop by and say hello.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: *poke*

Post by Shroombuck »

Jesse wrote:Shroombuck, don't be a fucking cunt. For al**hols sake. Look what you did dipshit, you make me take the holy spirit's name in vain. Holy shit, I'm going to have to say five hail marys now. Or was it sleep with five girls named Mary? I can't remember.
I was nice, even in my imagination. But guess what? I came up with a scene that was largely one of muffled groaning and a downshot of a corner into which people threw hoop trousers, squirting flowers, fluffy wigs, and, after some obvious straining a pair of floppy shoes immediately preceded by a great deal of mummy wrapping.
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

Ciaran wrote: On a side note I'm regetting posting here even though I knew you would show up in this thread. I don't know why you were let back in and I really don't care either.

The following have been said but now I'm seriously doubting whether or not it was just for the sake of it or if they actually meant it.
There is a difference between malice and entertaining the moment of a witty thought.

"Same shit, different name" is a parody of the USMC dictum 'Same shit, different day' - pertaining to the monotony of deployment (originally from a Stephen King novel). Shroombuck's comment was meant to illicit humour and even regard, and I actually laughed out aloud. Why? Because it was funny. Comedy comes from a good or a bad place and how you receive it is as important as how you provide it. Look at Jesse's post? It is profane and vulgar but it is obviously meant affectionately, like a father who scolds his son for mugging off a fellow pupil but is secretly proud of his ingenuity.

Welcome to Federation Command, 99.99% need not apply.
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

Artful wrote:There is a difference between malice and entertaining the moment of a witty thought.

"Same shit, different name" is a parody of the USMC dictum 'Same shit, different day' - pertaining to the monotony of deployment (originally from a Stephen King novel). Shroombuck's comment was meant to illicit humour and even regard, and I actually laughed out aloud. Why? Because it was funny. Comedy comes from a good or a bad place and how you receive it is as important as how you provide it. Look at Jesse's post? It is profane and vulgar but it is obviously meant affectionately, like a father who scolds his son for mugging off a fellow pupil but is secretly proud of his ingenuity.

Welcome to Federation Command, 99.99% need not apply.
Indeed. Ciaran has not gasped the holy humour of Federation Command. He's a drama queen. I actually don't think it's intentional, but he takes himself and life immensely serious. But guess what? Only 20% of human beings have a sense of irony, which means that 80% of the world takes everything at face value.

Everyone knows my post was glorious. It has even been listed in the Glorious Quotation Topic of Federation Command. I'm myself the epitome of gloriousness. It's so invariable, it startles me.
Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Picard »

An insult can be funny to others. It doesn't mean the recipient has to find it amusing especially when there is an history involved.

Topic locked.
Thank you,
Jesse
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Jesse »

I completely agree with you Picard. There's a big difference between gratuitously vulgar (yet impersonal) humor and personal attacks mascarading as humor. The latter is not what FC is about.

Furthermore, I'd just like to say.... Ah fuck it. I am the mother fucking pterodactyl here to pter you a new asshole. That's all I really wanted to say. Fleet Admiral's perorogative. Screw you all.

Topic Lock Sustained. Enjoy the Vid.