God save the Queen!

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

God save the Queen!

Post by Shroombuck »

Her Britannic Majesty has lived for 86 years, 3 months, and 4 days. This amounts to a total of 31,508 days. As of today Her Majesty is the longest reigning monarch without a minority regency in recorded European history.

God save the Queen!

Warfire
Senior Captain
Senior Captain
STO Handle: @LordWarfire

Re: God save the Queen!

Post by Warfire »

God save the Queen!

However, I do question your maths - I am very happy to be wrong here though. Victoria reigned for 63 years, 216 days without a regency. Louis XIV reigned for more than 60 years too after his regency, his coronation was in mid 1654 and he died in late 1715 - although he did have a regency so you might be excluding him.

Other possibles include Johann II who reigned for 70 years without a regency too although he was a Prince, Franz Joseph I who reigned for 67 years, although he was an Emperor.
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

Yes, I should have said oldest instead of longest.
Jesse
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Jesse »

Shroombuck wrote:Her Britannic Majesty has lived for 86 years, 3 months, and 4 days. This amounts to a total of 31,508 days. As of today Her Majesty is the longest reigning monarch without a minority regency in recorded European history.

God save the Queen!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhumibol_Adulyadej

FYI, the King of Thailand is currently the longest reigning monarch in the world. 66 years and counting.
Delta
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Delta »

Super.
Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Picard »

Didn't Emperor Hirohito of Japan reign for 68 years including his years as Regent? You know he bombed Pearl Harbor and all... out of boredom...

I just saw all of this and felt like goggling his name to find out...

I am drunk as fuck so whatever you say Hirohito is the most awesome emperor of this topic.

And now just to give Shroombuck an epic erection

Thank you,
Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Picard »

And now Shroombuck. To finish you off!

Thank you,
Delta
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Delta »

Red October standing by.
Jesse
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Jesse »

When HM dies, so does the commonwealth. No one wants Charles to be King. Britain has declined, and America is in decline, and before we know it China will be the leading nation, then they will decline too - following nuclear war. Then Australia and New Zealand, relatively untouched by the nuclear weapons, will rule the world.

Here's to the future leaders of this world:

"Some day we'll all be together once more, when all of the ships come back to the shore.... [following the nuclear war]"
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

Jesse wrote:When HM dies, so does the commonwealth. No one wants Charles to be King. Britain has declined, and America is in decline, and before we know it China will be the leading nation, then they will decline too - following nuclear war. Then Australia and New Zealand, relatively untouched by the nuclear weapons, will rule the world.
Good lord man. I am simply amazed by the sheer nonsense you sometimes write. H.R.H. The Prince of Wales will of course inherit the Crown and everyone will rejoice. There are people who write and say things about His Royal Highness, but quite frankly have never met the man. I have. In fact, he's a friend of my father. He's a great man with an utmost sense of duty, just like Her Majesty is. The Commonwealth/British Empire will continue to exist when he ascends the throne. If you imagine that a politician would make a better figurehead than a hereditary monarch, you might perhaps make the acquaintance of more politicians.

God bless the Prince of Wales.