Call to Arms with a dev!!!!

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Hoss
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
STO Handle: Golemex

Call to Arms with a dev!!!!

Post by Hoss »

On my random encounter to find someone online playing Star Trek armada 3, I just happened to run into one of the developers exodus!!!!

We ended up playing a few games together 2v2 then 3v3, both times he assured me the AI was upgraded... He wasn't lying.

My Federation fleet and his Cardassian Union fough well together, gaining planet after planet. With no straight supply lines to each other however, we both ended up falling within a half hour, being killed by each fleet coming against us. With him, a Klingon force struck at very heart of his forces, right into the home world, as the sneaky slick Romulans took my colonies one by one.

We started again this time with more Federation assistance, but even with the difficulty dropped to hard from Evil, it was still too much for us as a group. Both my fleet and Exodus were close, so we sent help back and forth. But our ally was too far away to save. Even when sending credits to help him with his situation, it became the downfall of my own civilization, as both exodus and I became under constant two sided attacks where we would both shift our fleets from one side to the next. Overall, while I was fighting first the cardassians off of my right side asteroid, and then bouncing my fleet back to the left side 3 planets away to fight back the Romulans, Cardassian culture was taking over and eventually pushed me out of my own planets.

By this time I was down to 3 planets, exodus still had 3 as well but our connection to each other was broken with enemy control, and our other ally ended up leaving because we couldn't help him, even though exodus and I were both broke from sending resources, essentially killing ourselves for not using the credits to fortify more.

It was an awesome experience to actually play with one of the Devs. He was cool the whole time trying to keep me alive while fighting the enormous fleet coming at him too. Lucky me the guy is on my friends list now for future encounters :)
EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

Re: Call to Arms with a dev!!!!

Post by EVOXSNES »

Thats incredible. Exciting too. I wish i didn't have so much crap going on :(
Good games mate.
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

That's awesome. I've noticed the AI now does whatever it can to increase its culture spread. Stations are no longer optional against them.
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

I need to install this.
Hoss
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
STO Handle: Golemex

Post by Hoss »

It was great, like meeting Einstein, something you wish you could do but never really gave it any thought. I hope I can help him play lol
Warfire
Senior Captain
Senior Captain
STO Handle: @LordWarfire

Post by Warfire »

Once you have access to the BRs I'd love to see a Battle Report on this encounter :)
Jesse
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Jesse »

Hoss that's awesome. I'd love to join you guys in a game when I am back home next month.