Windows 10 - Free

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Warfire
Senior Captain
Senior Captain
STO Handle: @LordWarfire

Re: Windows 10 - Free

Post by Warfire »

I definitely wouldn't recommend trying on your only machine - it will cock up. On a VM or a secondary machine is much more sensible.
Exeter
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Exeter »

built a recovery flash and backed up all my data. Doing the upgrade and there is a pro upgrade, automatically detected.
// signed //
Admiral Exeter

Exeter
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Exeter »

An upgrade went well one issue, I use an Asus laptop and no driver for the raid so the raid was disabled. And my antivirus does not work. Otherwise no issues. And the add that I read said about 10 minutes, true if you have no hard drives, no memory or devices.
// signed //
Admiral Exeter

Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Picard »

I've installed it on another hard drive. Quite frankly this feels like a downgrade. It's like this is an OS for a tablet or a phone. The graphics are more simplistic, everything is less refined. I'm going to stick with Windows 7. Windows 10 seems to be a huge improvement from Windows Windows 8 but it still feels somehow like an hybrid of an OS that will work great on both a tablet or a PC but I have a PC and use it as such so I have no need for a hybrid. I also like the transparency effects in Windows 7 which does not appear to exist ''yet'' in Windows 10.

Furthermore I just hate that that they call programs ''apps''

Thank you,