A Statement from Section 31 Roleplay

The official diplomatic channel for the fleet, for the benefit of visiting ambassadors from foreign fleets to establish and maintain diplomatic relations with Federation Command.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Diplomacy Command, Federation Council, Foreign Relations

{S31} Richard Evans
Foreign Diplomat
Foreign Diplomat

A Statement from Section 31 Roleplay

Post by {S31} Richard Evans »

Dear Members of Federation Command,

Below is a statement from myself on behalf of the External Affairs Department of Section 31 Roleplay. It shows some opinions from the Senior Officers and indeed, our Admirals' Team. Please take the time to read it carefully.
Federation Command was founded in 2002 by members of the community. It later went on to merge with [UFP] United Federation of Planets in later years, then, only to be reformed again in 2011. During it's initial reformation, Mr Picard and I had a conversation about a merger. After discussing this with our president, we both agreed that this merger wouldn't benefit Section 31 as a whole, due various reasons.

After this time, I noticed on both [UFP] forums, and [FC] alot of troubling posts, and alot of problems. It has come to my attention about the recent problems of copyright issues over the [UFP] website and other graphical material. Unfortunately, due to this reason, and other allegations sent from both parties, Section 31 Roleplay shall no longer be in contact with Federation Command on a diplomatic level.

The views of the External Affairs Senior Officers is that [FC] have come back together, with great strength, and we commend you on it, however, we feel that some of the actions taken by [FC] have been unprofessional. In addition, some of the comments I have seen, have been deemed and interpreted as childish and immature. For that reason, I cannot allow this to affect Section 31's inner workings. If you have any questions, then I do urge you to email me, as that is the best form of contact.
In Summary, Section 31 Roleplay will not be contact [FC] in any official capacity, and If a representative has, then we ask that you confirm with myself, or the Senior Officers of External Affairs whether their contact has been authorised.

Thanks, and Happy Trekking

--
Richard Evans
Admirals' Team
Department Supervisor
richard.evans@section31rp.co.uk
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: A Statement from Section 31 Roleplay

Post by Shroombuck »

I am not affiliated with our Department of Diplomacy, but diplomatic relations are just a courtesy in my eyes. It is, however, most unfortunate that you have chosen this path. It seems clear you have not spoken to our leadership and therefore subsequently only have seen one side of this whole ordeal between Federation Command [FC] and the United Federation of Planets [UFP].

Very unfortunate indeed. None the less; all the best.
{S31} Richard Evans
Foreign Diplomat
Foreign Diplomat

Hi Shroombuck,

First of all, Thank you for your reply.

Secondly, this wasn't a decision that we made light heartedly, we spoke with our Admirals' Team about this for a long time. We had to act on the information that was made public by both sides. Whilst trying to remain objective, and not let our personal views get in the way of things, we felt that this action was necessary for the protection of our groups moral, ethos and beliefs. Yes, they won't be affected directly, however, after some of public statements I and my fellow colleagues have seen, we agreed that this could in turn affect all diplomatic relations between groups.

Our decision, was made purely on public facts, as we felt by conducting our own investigation, we would find things we didn't want to find, and get ourselves into diplomatic trouble.

I hope you can understand.

Thanks
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

With all due respect; you sever diplomatic relations without speaking to the leadership of the particular Fleet in question first?

I have never seen that in the diplomatic handbook before.
Last edited by Shroombuck on August 9th, 2011, 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
{S31} Richard Evans
Foreign Diplomat
Foreign Diplomat

As I mentioned, We had an encounter with the command of [FC] and we had to take that encounter into consideration, and it was agreed that this was the best course of action.

I am sorry that you don't believe in our decision.

Thanks
Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Picard »

You and your fleet do not have the credentials to judge us.

At no time has S31 tried to get in touch with FC in an attempt to understand the motivations and reasons behind our actions. Perhaps you should have asked yourselves why is it that all 4 former Fleet Admirals of UFP have re-opened FC. Why is it that most of its membership has chosen FC over UFP. The United Federation of Planets has made quite a lot of accusations, however they have failed to provide evidence for any of it.

I am interpreting your post here as a gross insult. FC had no formal relations with S31, consequently you cannot be ''stopping'' anything since no treaty existed in the first place.

Your close ties with [UFP] and the reasons you use to "break relations" speak for themselves, you have chosen a side in what is a internal matter between UFP and FC.

To make such a statement when no "official" relations existed between FC and S31 in the first place is laughable.

Since you claim to be a EF1 clan I challenge any of you to a proper game of EF1. Such arrogance deserves a proper response and since this is a gaming community....
Thank you,
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

It is my belief that your statement is a ruse. Section 31 Roleplay values their diplomatic relationship with the United Federation of Planets [UFP] over that of Federation Command [FC], which is of course a perfectly legitimate reason to 'sever' these so called diplomatic relations with us.

You did not have the courage to tell us that instead.
Last edited by Shroombuck on August 9th, 2011, 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Heero Yuy
Captain
Captain

Post by Heero Yuy »

Just curious but have u cut relationship with UFP as well
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

I am disappointed that Section 31 has regarded the heated inter-clan business between ourselves and [UFP] as a cause for ignorance. It seems to me that seeking a path of isolation is the kind of act that degrades the very community Federation Command seeks to espouse and promote.

Diplomacy isn't formality and treachery, it's honesty and goodwill.
Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Picard »

{S31} Richard Evans wrote:As I mentioned, We had an encounter with the command of [FC] and we had to take that encounter into consideration, and it was agreed that this was the best course of action.

I am sorry that you don't believe in our decision.

Thanks

Ah, yes. This must be the encounter in which your Fleet Admiral wanted to discuss trivial matters related to you stealing our web site even if I had made everything perfectly clear. I turned him down because FC was in Blue Mode and had more important things to deal with than the hurt feelings of S31. Really, is this the reason behind this statement, frustration for having been treated as a second-rate clan?

You are wasting my time for the second time, as such Federation Command status with S31 is now "Yellow Alert".
Thank you,