Hello

A place for visitors to drop by and say hello.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Hello

Post by Costello »

Could someone make me a resigned pip or perhaps Honorary Fleet Admiral per my last promotion? I do not like this visitor pip one bit, what with having to see it so often.
Janeway wrote: In any case, while I haven't played the Xbox in a long time I do have Halo 4's Limited Edition being shipped and will try to find time to play it. Will Team Artful be making a return?
I'm afraid not. Although a part of me would like to play Halo 4 for the story, because I appreciate that aspect of the Halo series, I am more or less finished with gaming. In-fact I sold my Xbox to outright buy a Kindle. You'll only find me in STO these days. I have allowed myself that but bar the Trek MMO I am no longer a gamer. Better things to do, honestly.
Janeway
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Janeway »

Artful wrote:(...)In-fact I sold my Xbox to outright buy a Kindle. (...)
One of these days Adam, I am going to fly to England with only one purpose: to slap you :P. Allow me to redirect you to the tablet that you should have bought (Clicky).

Although I am somewhat unhappy with the fact that I recently upgraded to the iPad 3 (like July during a stopover in New York recently) and suddenly they released the New New iPad :roll: .

Now, if you'll excuse me I must finish getting everything I need to do in order before Hurricane Sandy gets here. I only saw your post because I had apparently left FC open on my computer =).

P.S. What really did compel you to get a Kindle? I hear it's a good e-reader but one of my phones is an Android device (a Droid Incredible) and it gives me a headache compared to my iPhone or the other iOS devices I own. Way too many hoops to jump through as it were.
Signed,
Captain Janeway
Federation Senate
Federation Command
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

Janeway wrote:
One of these days Adam, I am going to fly to England with only one purpose: to slap you :P. Allow me to redirect you to the tablet that you should have bought (Clicky).

Although I am somewhat unhappy with the fact that I recently upgraded to the iPad 3 (like July during a stopover in New York recently) and suddenly they released the New New iPad :roll: .

Now, if you'll excuse me I must finish getting everything I need to do in order before Hurricane Sandy gets here. I only saw your post because I had apparently left FC open on my computer =).

P.S. What really did compel you to get a Kindle? I hear it's a good e-reader but one of my phones is an Android device (a Droid Incredible) and it gives me a headache compared to my iPhone or the other iOS devices I own. Way too many hoops to jump through as it were.
There is wisdom in my decision. I bought a Kindle with the intention to read literature and books in general. The product does this excellently; I am not distracted by the interrupting desire to watch something in hi-def, or browse Twitter. No, I read with it and that is it. It has a defining purpose, it achieves it with noteworthy efficacy and it is used for that purpose alone.

You're welcome to try that slap. Though I should warn you that I lift weights four out of seven days (sometimes following on from my kickboxing commitment.) :P
EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

Post by EVOXSNES »

Artful wrote:
Janeway wrote:

There is wisdom in my decision. I bought a Kindle with the intention to read literature and books in general. The product does this excellently; I am not distracted by the interrupting desire to watch something in hi-def, or browse Twitter. No, I read with it and that is it. It has a defining purpose, it achieves it with noteworthy efficacy and it is used for that purpose alone.

You're welcome to try that slap. Though I should warn you that I lift weights four out of seven days (sometimes following on from my kickboxing commitment.) :P

more wisdom than you know....

Brukk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Brukk »

One of the perks i looked forward to when i decided to return was hopefully to once again fight along side "The Dahar Master" , M3rkage. Arrful`s name is an honored one within the empire,and he was my old mentor both in starfleet engineering (sig and gfx ),and in the glorious battles we fought in together....and he was the only one who truly understood me.Kept me in my place when i was wrong,and cheered me when i succeeded.I was disapointed when i realized you had resigned,but it is good to hear from you again.May Kahless guide your path,and may you bath on honor!
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

Hello old friend, perhaps we will share a bottle of 2309 in Sto-vo-Kor, but for me my travels among the path I walked have come to a close. In a final act of charity, I gifted everything I had in Star Trek Online to the DOFFJOBs channel, then logged in to delete all of my characters. As of now I no longer play games. My friend is borrowing Halo 4 and I might bring round a bottle of whiskey and blast through the campaign with him, but that's all games will be to me now, a social enterprise. Something to do with other people on a whim.

I love Federation Command and will never truly depart, rather like when a close friend never really loses touch with another he spent a portion of their life with. When the time passes, if I am so fortunate to be elected to the Hall of Fame, I will know that I have done no better a service to the people I've met in this fleet.

It's humbling to know that people like you and even those in STO regard me so, I even got a message saying that my wit and banter was actually the highlight of someone's evenings, and you saying that you feel like you had someone who understood you and was able to impart a few lessons (they say experience not older age brings wisdom.) It means a great deal. I've come to understand the mark I make on some people, maybe it is a brashness or confidence or blunt honesty, I don't know, but it is prevalent and I hope, positive.

Perhaps one day this old warrior will fight again, but it is not this day.
Zion
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Zion »

As always Good travels to you and you will always have a home in this port.