Windows 10

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

Windows 10

Post by EVOXSNES »

Yes. Skipping a digit altogether. The bold strategy of Micro$oft's new CEO never appears to impress. Whether its sacking 18,000 workers over the medium term or forgetting how to count to 10.

Strap, Jump or get sucked in. Windows 10 is here.
Poor Stardock, there goes its main revenue stream - http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/

It takes, what seems hours before an excited Joe Belfiore graciously reveals what Windows 10 will look like. All he really has to show us is that you no longer need to purchase a Start button from Stardock. Throw in a little "Its the best windows yet" and you've got yourself one hell of a trooper looking to climb that corporate ladder and who could blame him. You'll rarely see a Vice President get the sack.

Alexraptor
Admiral
Admiral
STO Handle: @Alexraptor

Re: Windows 10

Post by Alexraptor »

Gimme back Aero Glass and i'll bite, hook line and sinker. :P
Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Picard »

Looks much better than Windows 8. Then agian, Microsoft usually only produce something good after producing something horrible. I'm probably going to stick with Windows 7 though.
Thank you,
Carbonizer
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Carbonizer »

I had Windows 8 and didn't mind it all too much. Ended up going back to Windows 7 though. .
Azami
Captain
Captain
STO Handle: Yaikitsune

Post by Azami »

i am impressed with it so far and i certainly am willing to go to win 10 and i might even try it out
Kristinia
Senior Captain
Senior Captain
STO Handle: @Ilthana

Post by Kristinia »

That sounds like Taylynn to me, and I'd like to offer a counter-proposal to why they're skipping 9!
This Might Be The Real Reason Microsoft Chose Windows 10 Instead Of Windows 9
EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

Post by EVOXSNES »

Kristinia wrote:That sounds like Taylynn to me, and I'd like to offer a counter-proposal to why they're skipping 9!
This Might Be The Real Reason Microsoft Chose Windows 10 Instead Of Windows 9
Why didn't they make their partners and associates aware of this problem. Encourage a fix from the individual software developers themselves. Instead of Microsoft doing it for them?

A better question. If the developers accounted for 95/98 in they way they did (obviously to save time) why then when they saw Windows 7, then 8, 8.1 didn't they fix it themselves?
Kristinia
Senior Captain
Senior Captain
STO Handle: @Ilthana

Post by Kristinia »

Forethought is hard when all you care about is your stock price. I'm agreeing that Microsoft should've fixed the problem instead of skipping ahead one number to make themselves look stupid.
This is the same company that released a bunch of patches that caused some windows 8.1 machines.
Quality control is apparently not a priority for them as much as getting stuff done, so they can go home to get drunk.
Sad times. The only reason I have Windows 8.1 is because it's free through my school. If I had to pay for it, I'd have stayed at 7.
Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Picard »

Im inclined to believe that this is a marketing stunt more than anything else. The 9 number bug seems unlikely. Since when has Microsoft ever cared about stuff like this? Also, if these coding lines can make the difference between 95 and 98, why can't they between 9? and 98 It's just one digit instead of two, it can't be too hard to find a workaround solution (from either side) without having to skip a number.

My opinion is that they see their market share declining fast, Windows 8 was supposed to be their answer to the fact that PC is loosing importance, they failed. Windows 9 would not have caught the eye as much as a Windows 10. So yeah again my money is on a marketing stunt.
Thank you,
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

Picard wrote:Windows 9 would not have caught the eye as much as a Windows 10. So yeah again my money is on a marketing stunt.
Precisely my opinion.