DST3

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Bailo
Commodore
Commodore
STO Handle: @Bailo

DST3

Post by Bailo »

I meant to ask before i left but i think the excitement sort of made it slip my mind. Did anyone else attend Destination Star Trek London this weekend?
"I have a sheep doing roofing over at my house, come and drop in. We'll put on Zeppelin and eat cheddar cheese" - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: DST3

Post by Shroombuck »

Sounds kinda ghey to be honest; dressing up in Star Trek uniforms and all that...
Bailo
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Bailo »

Well as a "ghey" man, I'll dress up if i want to in that case, but thanks for your permission Shroom....

There's so much more to it then people wearing uniform though. (In fact, the majority of people there were in civvies, which is fine) Its a whole convention with actors talks and memorabilia. Its the meetings and the autographs and the photos with the actors. I loved every minute of it.
"I have a sheep doing roofing over at my house, come and drop in. We'll put on Zeppelin and eat cheddar cheese" - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

Post by EVOXSNES »

Not my scene mate. I was debating on going to PAX Australia where Star Citizen has some big FPS news to reveal but.. idk man. No enthusiasm i guess.

Glad you had fun though. You might be addicted now :)
Bailo
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Bailo »

It wasn't really mine either..but i wanted a photo with some of the actors... I got some good ones including Brent Spiner, John De Lancie, Robert Picardo, Colm Meany (who they substituted for Johnathan Frakes who cancelled last minute) and perhaps my favorite, the entire Next Gen cast (except Frakes) and William Shatner.
Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Picard »

Cool, you should scan and post them. I went to a convention once in Montreal but it was only for the main event which was Shatner (he was born in Montreal btw) and Patrick Stuart on stage together with a special appearance of Malcolm McDowell (Soran in ST: Generations). It was interesting to hear them speak about their experiences.
Thank you,
Bailo
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Bailo »

Heres two photos of the photos hence the shine on them. The others i can post if anyone wants to see them but didn't want to fill the thread up. I'd only bought the uniform Jacket and undershirt that day hence the jeans.

Only after viewing these did i realise quite how long my hair was. It needs a cut...i know.
EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

Post by EVOXSNES »

Good Stuff. Funny how Shatner never ages.
Kelbie
Senior Captain
Senior Captain
STO Handle: @Charlie25

Post by Kelbie »

Neither Patrick. He'll look the same in 5-7 years time :P
Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Picard »

Yeah but if you look at recent videos of them, you'll realize their true state of decrepitude. To say I used to long for another TOS movie, then another TNG movie. That really isn't possible now, it would be a movie with grandparents, and great grand-parents. Yet they continue producing so many shitty movies based on nothing but CGI. It's a market driven world, but have we become that dumb?

What the world needs is a spin-off of Star Trek, a real one. With all due respect for Scott Bakula, Enterprise could have been named ''Cowboys in space''. It was good but it didn't inspire as TNG or TOS did. I dare say that the world could use a bit more Star Trek series to feel hopeful about the future of our planet, because frankly we are going through a very grim era.
Thank you,