A Star Trek: Attack Wing scenario I made

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Vladimir
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
STO Handle: vladimirnapunic

A Star Trek: Attack Wing scenario I made

Post by Vladimir »

I thought I would share a Star Trek: Attack Wing scenario I created for a board gaming group I'm part of. We are going to play this out tomorrow morning, and should be a great amount of fun!

Star Trek: Attack Wing is a multiplayer board game comprised of miniature ships based on the Star Trek universe. Players assume the roles of commanders who can customise, upgrade, and assign famous crew members to their fleets from factions such as the Borg, Dominion, Federation, and Romulans. (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Attack_Wing)

Here is the Scenario I created. Hope you enjoy reading it :) I will include the rules incase you have played the game and want to try it out with friends.
Starfleet has received word from an archaeological dig on Alpha Centauri IV that it has found a mysterious prism made out of dilithium crystal, which becomes boiling hot when touched and therefore has been stored in a metal container on the planet. No-one knows exactly what the relic is, and why it becomes boiling hot when touched. However, rumours have spread around the planet that this mysterious prism is a relic from a now-extinct ancient culture, which is believed to be a weapon of mass destruction. Legend has it that an ancient general named Nemekez possessed it and killed billions in Alpha Centauri with its power. After his people rebelled and defeated him in a long civil war, the prism was buried deep within the planet to prevent the planet's destruction.

--Orders--

The Federation, Klingon Empire, Romulans, the Dominion and just about every other power in the Quadrant has heard about the power of this prism.

Envious of its power, and its potential to change the tide of battle in their favour, all powers have sent fleets to Alpha Centauri IV. Your mission is to:

1.) Arrive at Alpha Centauri IV and send an Away Team (explained below) and secure the prism
2.) Return to your ship/s, then proceed back to headquarters
3.) If the mission is in danger, or under threat from any other faction, you are authorised to engage and destroy any and/or all enemy ships present

--Away Team--

In order for your away team to investigate and find the relic, you will need to grab all mission tokens from the planet. How this will be done is explained below:

When a ship is within Range 1 of the Planet, it gains the following Actions

ACTION 1: If your ship is not cloaked, disable all shields and disable your captain and one crew upgrade. They are now considered your Away Team on the Planet and cannot be re-enable except by using the Action below.

ACTION 2: If your ship is not cloaked, disable all shields and re-enable your Away Team. They are now considered back on board your ship. Any Mission Tokens on your captain are transferred to your ship.

While on the Planet, members of your Away Team cannot be targeted by any other cards or effects. Your ship is considered to have a Captain skill of 1.

During any end phase that you have an Away Team on the Planet, take one Mission Token from the Planet and place it on your Captain.

--Rules--

1.) Each player has 70 points to build their fleet
2.) The setup: A planet will be in the middle of the play area with 3 mission tokens. Deployment zones for different factions will be on a designated area on the 4 sides of the board.
3.) No cross-faction fleets are allowed. Only faction upgrades, crew and ships can be used.
4.) The Away Team's ship can be attacked and destroyed. The captain level is 1 because the Captain and the crew member is considered disabled for the purposes of combat.
5.) Any mission tokens on the Captain who is on an away mission or on his/her ship when their ship is destroyed, goes back onto the planet token.

--Victory Conditions--

Be the first player to obtain three Mission Tokens and warp out by returning to your starting point OR eliminate all opposing ships.

--Expected Duration--

2 hours
I will post pictures
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198006599579]Image[/url]
Exeter
Admiral
Admiral

Re: A Star Trek: Attack Wing scenario I made

Post by Exeter »

Interesting, have not played a trek board game since Starfleet Battles first came out.
// signed //
Admiral Exeter

Vladimir
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Vladimir »

Exeter wrote:Interesting, have not played a trek board game since Starfleet Battles first came out.
It's alot of fun :) I played today commanding the USS Enterprise-E (based off the movies) with Jean-Luc Picard as Captain, and Riker, La Forge, Beverley Crusher and the hologram doctor from Voyager. The ship had Advanced Shields and Photon Torpedoes.

I won with the ship, even with a Warp Core Breach hahaha :) Good times. I am making a GIF out of it I'll post it here when I made it
Exeter
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Exeter »

I was reading the rules and checking it ouy, it could easily be converted to a computer game. One designed for multiplayer.
// signed //
Admiral Exeter

Vladimir
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by Vladimir »

It would be. I have the Tabletop Simulator on my computer and was hoping they would put it on there soon. People put it on the Workshop by scanning the cards etc and then the models have to be made. Would be great to see it on computer, im hoping it'll come on that simulator or elsewhere soon :D
Exeter
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Exeter »

It could be done using some existing 3D models. Would be very cool.
// signed //
Admiral Exeter