Tactics

Forum for discussion of World of Warships

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Exeter
Admiral
Admiral

Tactics

Post by Exeter »

with the destroyers I find full speed toward the enemy, straight at them to present the minimal target (bow). Some zip-zagging to make yourself harder to hit. When within range hard to port or starboard for a torpedo attack. Then the smoke to escape. Works well against carriers and battleships. Japanese cruisers and some American have torpedoes and that can ruin the day,
// signed //
Admiral Exeter

EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

Re: Tactics

Post by EVOXSNES »

Sounds good. I've got one. When retreating from battle as a Destroyer or fast moving ship. Its a good idea to angle your ship in such a way that you make it difficult for the average player to predict the kind of pattern necessary in order to form an opinion on where you might be when a shot lands.

I find. A 10-45 degree angle, whilst moving away from the enemy, zig zag regularly, adjusting speed at intervals which allow the change to take effect. You'll make it bloody hard to hit you if its done right. I think it is more likely that you'll successfully dodge shots because your angle introduces an additional variable to that organic trigonometry. Speed can complicate it even more but distance is the Ultimate factor in some cases. The greater the distance, the greater the margin of error because you're allowed time to react.

Closing the distance is the only recourse. Allowing no time to react.

Also, if you are in a Destroyer whilst in a smoke cloud. Turn off your anti-air guns with the P key. These along with any shot will give you away.
Exeter
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Exeter »

I have been studying carrier tactics, mainly protecting them as a surface battle, they are generally dead. Destroyers are fast and carrier a big stick (torpedoes) so they can nail attackers but a barrage or 2 from a battleship nails them, I have done this. Cruisers survive a little better, have better guns and at least the Japanese all carry torpedoes. Battleships, bigger guns, no torpedoes, but great repair capability and some have good antiaircraft that can help protect the carrier. Some cruisers do also. If the team decides to protect the carrier, it is usually one ship, so should be cruiser or battleship and good AA to assist in protecting the carrier from enemy planes. So the American cruiser Atlanta, has great AA so does well in this. The UK battleship Warspitte does also.

Sometimes there is coordination, most of the times not, but playing as a team and coordinating will be awesome.
// signed //
Admiral Exeter

Silverado
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
STO Handle: @silverado_679

Post by Silverado »

very interested in getting my hands on a playable copy of this game and getting started.

Love World of Tanks this game should be no different.