D'Jay's Oath - IP CHECKED - ACCEPTED

This forum is where new recruits post their allegiance to the Federation Command.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Carbonizer
Visitor
Visitor

Re: D'Jay's Oath

Post by Carbonizer »

I rather think Bobs done a fine job, Church has actually played it into their hands. If he had any spine, he would have accepted [UFP] is dead and just let it die instead of allowing his 'council' claw together the scraps.
DJay
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DJay »

I actually have a lot of respect for him for exactly that reason. A lot of people, including me, decided that UFP cant be saved and left. While he stays and tries to make the best f it.
Rest in pieces, Lady B. Stockholm's second fastest Mercedes. (1984-2012) Every time I outrun an Iraqi in his wannabe BMW M5, I'll think of you.
Zion
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Zion »

Its not easy taking charge and intiative when the council stands ready to veto you the very moment you do something they don't like.

Sounds like the same situation when rome finally fell.
Kelbie
Senior Captain
Senior Captain
STO Handle: @Charlie25

Post by Kelbie »

Welcome to FC i guess.
Carbonizer
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Carbonizer »

'Only a fool fights in a burning house' -Klingon Proverb

That is Church, forever the fool. I lost respect when he was giving in to people who have corrupted not just him but the very idea that [UFP] is a clan, not a group of back stabbing friends.
Alexraptor
Admiral
Admiral
STO Handle: @Alexraptor

Post by Alexraptor »

All right all right cool it people.
This be an oath, not a church fight.
Carbonizer
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Carbonizer »

My church is bigger than yours ! :P
DJay
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DJay »

Carbo, you've made your point quite clear. Knock it off, will you?
Rest in pieces, Lady B. Stockholm's second fastest Mercedes. (1984-2012) Every time I outrun an Iraqi in his wannabe BMW M5, I'll think of you.
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

DJay wrote:I actually have a lot of respect for him for exactly that reason. A lot of people, including me, decided that UFP cant be saved and left. While he stays and tries to make the best f it.
Sounds more like holding onto something that's sinking down into acknowledgment of inferiority to me. It's not the strongest of Fleets that will survive in this Star Trek community, but it's those most adaptable to change. UFP squandered their inheritance and subsequently will have to settle with an empty shell, still occupied by mind-numbing schlock's who cling to something that is already lost.
DJay
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DJay »

Shroombuck wrote:
DJay wrote:I actually have a lot of respect for him for exactly that reason. A lot of people, including me, decided that UFP cant be saved and left. While he stays and tries to make the best f it.
Sounds more like holding onto something that's sinking down into acknowledgment of inferiority to me. It's not the strongest of Fleets that will survive in this Star Trek community, but it's those most adaptable to change. UFP squandered their inheritance and subsequently will have to settle with an empty shell, still occupied by mind-numbing schlock's who cling to something that is already lost.
Well, you know what they say about opinions. Let's just agree that we both have one and be done with it.