Curiosity Lands on Mars!

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Kaito
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
STO Handle: Kaito Kun@spydron

Re: Curiosity Lands on Mars!

Post by Kaito »

I love to see the British and the United States fight on this forum.

Sleep on the British ....something something, my Arsehole hurts....
Respectfully,

Rear Admiral Kaito
Federation Council
Security Chief

Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

Picard wrote:Too many British in my glorious clan, can't take it anymore. I feel like pulling a 1937 Stalin on you all.
Your country is part of the Glorious British Empire.

Accept it or immigrate to France, you Frog.
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

Shroombuck wrote:
Picard wrote:Too many British in my glorious clan, can't take it anymore. I feel like pulling a 1937 Stalin on you all.

Dare to call yourself British? It is emigrate, not immigrate. A thousand lashes of the whip!
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

Artful wrote:
Shroombuck wrote:

Dare to call yourself British? It is emigrate, not immigrate. A thousand lashes of the whip!
You ought to brush up on your command of the English language, my friend. Emigrate is used when someone moves out of a particular country (i.e. emigrated from Canada). Immigrate is used when someone moves into a country (i.e. immigrated to France).

My choice of the word immigrate in the aforementioned sentence was actually quite correct.
Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Picard »

Shroombuck wrote:

Your glorious empire is long gone. You have no more colonies. Australia almost turned into a republic in 1999 and has vouched let go of all ties to the monarchy when QE2 dies. Canada is a constitutional monarchy but the powers of the GG are only ceremonial. Canada like all former colonies is completely autonomous. Hong Kong is back in the hand of the Chinese and lets not even discuss India. Your empire went from an Empire on which the sun never sets to the Empire where it just always rains. The commonwealth is utterly useless. Reagan invaded Grenada in 1983, this country is part of your so called ''Empire''. It is a commonwealth realm and has the Queen as head of state. He didn't give a shit, and Great Britain certainly didn't do much. They all knew these countries/former colonies just have nothing to do with Great Britain anymore.

You can't even maintain a balanced budget and your youth is out of work. Stop deluding yourself and start actually doing something to help your country instead of claiming you're a god. A man is judged by his actions not by the blood he has in his veins or what he inherited. All this ''I am a God'' and the ''British Empire rules the world'' was funny at first but it's getting old. Oh and lets not even talk about the British navy, the jewel of your armed forces can't even afford a decent navy anymore. Since you brought France up, they have a more modern navy than you.

I love Great Britain, it's history and it's people and this is not an attack on any of my British friends but I can just take so much BS and it's time you faced reality. I would really like to see once in a while an actual ''down to earth'' conversation without anyone contaminating it with random bullshit.

Thank you very much.
Thank you,
Delta
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Delta »

Kaito wrote:I love to see the British and the United States fight on this forum.
This.
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

Shroombuck wrote:
Artful wrote:
Shroombuck wrote: Your country is part of the Glorious British Empire.

You ought to brush up on your command of the English language, my friend. Emigrate is used when someone moves out of a particular country (i.e. emigrated from Canada). Immigrate is used when someone moves into a country (i.e. immigrated to France).

My choice of the word immigrate in the aforementioned sentence was actually quite correct.
I just spilled my coffee laughing at how easy that was. Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

Picard has a point, we have the smallest Navy in 20 years. Our defence budget has been slashed, unemployment is rife. The Government genuinely have no clue, immigration is unchecked and our priorities (i.e. trying to tackle the welfare system before the jobs situation) are in disorder. There is very little great about this country it its present form, however the antecedent events and moments that have brought us here, many of them have been great. Some of the people are great, but the country as a whole is a shadow of its former self. That is irrefutable.

Oh and all summer it hasn't stopped fucking raining.
Jesse
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Jesse »

This level of pedantry makes me want to immigrate my fist to your face and emigrate some of your teeth.
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

Picard wrote:
Shroombuck wrote:

Your glorious empire is long gone. You have no more colonies. Australia almost turned into a republic in 1999 and has vouched let go of all ties to the monarchy when QE2 dies. Canada is a constitutional monarchy but the powers of the GG are only ceremonial. Canada like all former colonies is completely autonomous. Hong Kong is back in the hand of the Chinese and lets not even discuss India. Your empire went from an Empire on which the sun never sets to the Empire where it just always rains. The commonwealth is utterly useless. Reagan invaded Grenada in 1983, this country is part of your so called ''Empire''. It is a commonwealth realm and has the Queen as head of state. He didn't give a shit, and Great Britain certainly didn't do much. They all knew these countries/former colonies just have nothing to do with Great Britain anymore.

You can't even maintain a balanced budget and your youth is out of work. Stop deluding yourself and start actually doing something to help your country instead of claiming you're a god. A man is judged by his actions not by the blood he has in his veins or what he inherited. All this ''I am a God'' and the ''British Empire rules the world'' was funny at first but it's getting old. Oh and lets not even talk about the British navy, the jewel of your armed forces can't even afford a decent navy anymore. Since you brought France up, they have a more modern navy than you.

I love Great Britain, it's history and it's people and this is not an attack on any of my British friends but I can just take so much BS and it's time you faced reality. I would really like to see once in a while an actual ''down to earth'' conversation without anyone contaminating it with random bullshit.

Thank you very much.
The Empire is not gone. Her Majesty is still sovereign of 54 countries and therefore the Glorious British Empire endures. The British Empire has always been an open society. What happened in every part of the Empire was reported in the press and debated in parliament. Alongside railways, schools, universities, hospitals and sanitation projects, the Empire introduced political and social ideas dear to us British. These included extending civil rights to women, a free press and - most important of all - a culture of popular consent and reasoned debate. English spread as the language of learning, law and commerce.

For those who wish to be independent or cling to the ghastly idea of a republic it's fashionable to decry the British Empire: but for all its faults, the democracy in the world is what it is today because it still draws in law, in parliamentary democracy and in its armed forces, on the best of our glorious imperial legacy. Besides, in your Canadian context, the actions of the British Empire were largely benign and occasionally brilliant.
Picard
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Picard »

This is a nice classic history lesson for those who knew little of Great Britain. It does not foul me, you know very well that the Sovereign or the Parliament holds no real power on any of those 54 countries. This empires lives on only in your head and were your government to claim otherwise these countries would leave the commonwealth.

We could discuss the Magna Charta and the great days of the past, those are gone and so is the Empire. Proof to the point, the term ''British Empire'' is no longer used by your government or anyone but you. It was indeed replaced by the ''Commonwealth''. You cling to a fantasy and dream of days that have passed long before your birth.

I'm sorry to force you to face reality. Hopefully you won't go too hard on antidepressants.
Thank you,