US Marines: Pissing on the competition

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander
STO Handle: sulla@evoxsnes

US Marines: Pissing on the competition

Post by EVOXSNES »

Does anyone have an opinion?
Do we know if this is real?
Any conspiracy thoeries?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-16538159
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: US Marines: Pissing on the competition

Post by Shroombuck »

The media are full of speculation as to why it happened. It's rather simple actually. The root cause of this whole business is sheer nonsense, sheer stupidity and a stunted feral view of the world, which turned into moral disablement. This in turn is a direct product of a military-culture that rewards idleness, stupidity, encourages the lack of moral values and compensates the lowly educated commoners who join the ranks. This is the true cause for this incident within the Colonist's Army.

What I am about to say might indeed sound awkward to some due to my level of handling people in a certain manner on these forums. That is done on purpose and in order to slice the cake, so to speak. I think that one needs one quality above all and that is: sensitivity towards others. This - by any definition - is actually called: good manners, which I think a lot of people have forgotten. And also - on the whole - do to others as you would have them do to you; which is not a bad way in trying to operate in life, really.
Kaito
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
STO Handle: Kaito Kun@spydron

Post by Kaito »

But not on forums ........
Respectfully,

Rear Admiral Kaito
Federation Council
Security Chief

Zion
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Zion »

I am not defending the act its so deplorable but you have to remember that combat does things to your mind. what may be unthinkable and and horrible acts to me and you become normal for someone who knows they could step on a improvised explosive or have their had blown off for a sniper and have already lost friends.

The marines should of never done that act but this just showes you what psychological effect war has on people and we need to find a way to help them.
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

Kaito wrote:But not on forums ........
?
Zion wrote:I am not defending the act its so deplorable but you have to remember that combat does things to your mind. what may be unthinkable and and horrible acts to me and you become normal for someone who knows they could step on a improvised explosive or have their had blown off for a sniper and have already lost friends.

The marines should of never done that act but this just showes you what psychological effect war has on people and we need to find a way to help them.
Don't give me that bullshit. It's quite obvious they did it for their own amusement. Don't compare combat-stress(?) to the desecration of bodies by some low-life common military-scum, whom find urinating to be part of their extra-curricular activities.
EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander

Post by EVOXSNES »

... when i look at it. I see similarities with Germans, Japanese WWII... Vietnam.. on both sides

I think the life style of a soldier. You have to disrespect the enemy to kill them. Because discipline can only go so far... is this right?
Shroombuck
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Shroombuck »

There is no reason for rudeness or disrespect. In 1990 the United States Army officially adopted a code of conduct referred to as the '7 Army Core Values'. A well-trained soldier always respects his enemies.
EVOXSNES
Commander
Commander

Post by EVOXSNES »

Shroombuck wrote:There is no reason for rudeness or disrespect. In 1990 the United States Army officially adopted a code of conduct referred to as the '7 Army Core Values'. A well-trained soldier always respects his enemies.
Rudeness or disrespect. This is what im getting at. The mindset required to not be a parading soldier but someone who can kill someone else.

Im willing to go out on a limb and say that all soldiers throughout history have disrespected their enemy in one way or another. I wonder if it is a necessity of war or its part of the mindset that allows us to kill... or survive the conflict?

EDIT:

Its been confirmed that they where Snipers.

and that...

"Correspondents say that, if authentic, the actions in the video could amount to a violation of the First Geneva Convention, which calls for the dead to be treated with dignity."

Source - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-16552649
Zion
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Zion »

your both right its horrible and these people need to be and will be punished. I dont care if your an enemy combatant or whatever you should uphold human values. Im just saying that combat has a way to destroy the human element of people. it might not been the case for this and leadership clearly failed.