xbox smart glass

Make yourself at home: this forum is for visitors and officers who enjoy humour and actuality, you are allowed to speak about anything here within reason.

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Federation Council

Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: xbox smart glass

Post by Costello »

Wh1skers wrote:I don't see how they are 'forcing' either on you. Having an internet browser and search engine on the Xbox, even if they're not the best ones around, is better than having nothing at all. Besides, we know next to nothing about IE on Xbox - it could be the first truly decent iteration of the program for all we know.
But I don't want either. Let me guess, don't use them? It is forced marketing, a classic strategy used by massive corporations and I despise it. I guess the browser is okay in theory but I won't use it, I'd rather switch my monitor to VGA and use Chrome. Takes less time and I have a mouse and keyboard.
Wh1skers
Commander
Commander

Post by Wh1skers »

Bing gives us the ability to search for content on Xbox Live considerably faster than we could without it. Internet Explorer will allow us to browse the internet directly from the Xbox, and if implemented properly could be useful for many people. Why would you not want either of these? I can understand not caring about and not using them, but I don't understand why one would be against their implementation.
Zion
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Zion »

One box to rule them all...xbox will be you only thing other than you tv on your media cabinent one day. It will replace your sterio, cable box, blue ray and dvd players. An all in one concept that will complete sky nets take over. I will submit to our new machine overlords.
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

Wh1skers wrote:Bing gives us the ability to search for content on Xbox Live considerably faster than we could without it. Internet Explorer will allow us to browse the internet directly from the Xbox, and if implemented properly could be useful for many people. Why would you not want either of these? I can understand not caring about and not using them, but I don't understand why one would be against their implementation.
Perhaps I just like to see you bite.
Wh1skers
Commander
Commander

Post by Wh1skers »

Perhaps. Bit pointless though, isn't it?
Costello
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Costello »

Smart Glass? Yes I think so, I'm glad we see eye-to-eye.

(See isn't this fun? :P)
Zion
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Zion »

It will be free